Rapid Addition has announced the launch of the Beta 8 version of Rapid Addition Algo Editor.
Rapid Addition Algo Editor is an authoring tool aimed at broker-dealers that enables users to publish the parameters of trading algorithms in a standardised format called FIXatdl. FIXatdl is a format maintained by FIX Protocol Ltd, which buy-side firms can read into their systems. Changes to algorithms are rendered immediately.Rapid Addition Beta 8 features improvements to investment strategy FIX tags, validation rule checks, and some minor bug fixes.
AlgoEditor makes it easier for developers to create new strategies, since hand coding is error-prone and time-consuming. It also offers users capability to:
- Create FIXatdl-compliant broker strategies using a WYSIWYG editor
- Preview XML files prior to generation
- Support network-specific tags
- Use browser preview controls
- Publish to local and remote locations
Automated Trader, January 26, 2009